Obituaries » Alfred George Goetz
Alfred George Goetz, a kind and gentle man, passed away on Sunday, January 30, 2022. He was born in Brooklyn, New York on May 1, 1934.
He is predeceased by his parents George and Christina Nau Goetz; sisters Madeline Murphy, Dolores Goetz, and Margaret Mary Eytzinger; stepson Herbert Eayres.
He is survived by his wife Trudy Puleio Goetz; children Michael Goetz (Angela), Elizabeth Higginbotham (William), Mary Goetz, Lynda Goetz, and Stephen Goetz (Teresa), stepdaughter Claudia Dempsey (David); grandchildren Tiffany, Melody, Christianna, Brian, Jesse, Sydney, Jason, Victoria, Herbert and Matthew; 5 great grandchildren; and sister Elizabeth Wunsch.
He devoted his life to prison ministry, beginning in New Jersey in 1988. After moving to Virginia, he joined Hope Aglow Ministries and served as the volunteer chaplain to Blue Ridge Jail Authority until 2019.
He served in the U.S. Army 4th Armored Div. in Goeppingen, Germany.
Services will be held at a later date in New Jersey.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Alfred 's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021