Obituaries » Alice Hunt
A celebration of life will be held on 12:00 p.m., Tuesday, January 25, 2022, at Tharp Funeral Home Lynchburg Chapel. Burial will follow the service at Cross Road Baptist Church Cemetery.
Share your Memorial with Family & Friends
Ms. Alice “Frutie” Hunt transitioned peacefully on Wednesday January 19, 2022 at Liberty Ridge Health and Rehabilitation Center in Lynchburg, VA.
She was born November 13, 1940. She was the daughter of the late James and Olivia Clark Smith. She was also preceded in death by her husband Barney Hunt and her brother James Jimmy William Smith Jr.
She joined Cross Road Baptist Church at an early age.
She leaves to cherish her precious memories two devoted loving sisters, Annette Smith and Barbara Smith both of Lynchburg, VA; two nephews Trey Smith (Lisa) and James Smith III, two great nephews Jaeden and Jorden Smith, one God child Brenda Myles, one uncle Ernest Jones (Elsie) of Chesapeake Beach, MD, three caregivers Barbara Nubie (Jesse), Mary Fleshman, and Vannasa Rosser. A host of nieces, nephews, cousins and friends.
The family is very grateful for your prayers, calls and other acts of kindness shown to us during these hours of bereavement. A special thanks to Liberty Ridge Health and Rehabilitation Center and the many nurses and staff members including Montasia Franklin for the care of Alice Hunt.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Celebrate Alice's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021