Obituaries » Ancil Elbert Russell, Jr.
Ancil Elbert Russell, Jr.
Ancil Elbert Russell, Jr., 80 of Moneta passed away Sunday, January 15, 2023. He was the son of the late Ancil Russell, Sr., and Ora Long Russell. He is preceded in death by his wife Mary Lee Wray Russell.
Junior was born on May 30, 1942, in Marion, Virginia. He could be described as a workaholic. He was the Vice President of Manufacturing at Chesapeake Manufacturing. Junior was very hardworking, dedicated, and enjoyed the outdoors. He also loved his sweets and westerns.
He is survived by his son, Mike Russell; granddaughter, Taylor Russell; step grandson, Kyle Wright; sister, Linda Vest and husband, Randy, sister-in-law, Shirley Light, and her husband Melvin; brother-in-law, Jimmy Wray, and his wife Linda; niece, Annette Vest; and former daughter-in-law, Tracy L. Russell.
A memorial service will be held on Thursday, January 26, 2023, at 4:00 pm at East Lake Community Church, 1201 Timberwood Ln., Moneta, Virginia 24121 with Pastor Troy Keaton officiating. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Virginia Department of Wildlife Resources in Junior’s name.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford, is assisting the family. To send online condolences please visit tharpfuneralhome.com.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Ancil's life with a short message, photo or video!
Ancil does not have any posts. Be the first to add one
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.