Obituaries » Andre Hakin
Andre’ Hakin, 85, of Moneta, passed away on Thursday, August 12, 2021 at his residence. He was born in New York City on June 7, 1936 to the late Joseph and Malca Hakin. He is also preceded by his godmother Therese Brissard.
Andre’ was a maintenance supervisor for the New York City Transit Authority. He enjoyed almost 30 years of retirement, most of which on his lakefront property at Smith Mountain Lake. He loved woodworking in his shop and spending time with friends and family. He will be missed by all who knew him.
He is survived by his wife, Trudy Hakin; his daughter Maria Koontz and her husband Alan; his son, Robert Hakin and his wife, Dayana. As well as his grandchildren, Alan Koontz Jr. and his wife Cristina; Ethan Koontz, Robert Koontz, Brisa Hakin and Oscar Andre’ Hakin.
A memorial service will be conducted at 11:00 am on Tuesday, August 17, 2021 at Tharp Funeral Home, Bedford with the Rev. John Boyles officiating. A reception will follow the service.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford, is assisting the family. To send online condolences please visit obituaries.tharpfuneralhome.com. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to Duke Cancer Center at gifts.duke.edu.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Andre's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.