Obituaries » Anita E. Litchford
Anita E. Litchford
Anita E. Litchford, 73, of Lynchburg, VA, died Sunday, December 11, 2022.
Born Tuesday, December 6, 1949, in Lynchburg, a daughter of the late Charles F. Harless and Evelyn Burks Wade.
Mrs. Litchford took pride in providing 30 years of service for Central Virginia Training Center.
Anita is survived by two daughters, Lisa L. Lauerman, and husband, Brian, and Candace Ann Litchford and husband, Jay Scruggs; three grandchildren, Ivan Scruggs, Harper Scruggs, Brooklyn Campbell Burks and her husband, Josh; stepmother, Shirley Harless; half-brother, Charles Harless; half-brother, Jimmie Harless; half-sister, Beth Glover; half-sister, Ann Hall; half-sister, Lynn Harless-Case; half-sister, Tamara Harless-Case.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her stepfather, Winston Wade.
The family would like to extend their heartfelt thanks to the Bedford County Nursing Home for their care and respect during Anita’s last months.
A celebration of Anita’s life will be conducted at Sandusky Baptist Church on January 7, 2023, at 2 p.m. with Rev. Ed Voght officiating.
Memorial contributions may be sent to Multiple Sclerosis Society, 4200 Innslake Drive, Glen Allen, VA, 23060.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Click here to view the tribute video for Mrs. Anita E. Litchford.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Anita's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.