Obituaries » Barbara A Burley Hannabass
Barbara Anne Burley Hannabass, age 74, of Bedford, Virginia, passed away peacefully from this world at her home in Bedford on November 9, 2021. Born on November 21, 1946 in Lynchburg, Virginia, she was the daughter of the late Bernard “Pete” Alvin Burley and Lucille Hudson Burley of Lynchburg, Virginia.
She was preceded in death by her husband, James “Jim” Everette Hannabass of Bedford, Virginia, her sister, Patricia K. Williams, and a brother, James D. Burley, Sr., both of Lynchburg, Virginia. She is survived by one sister, Bonnie B. Campbell of Vinton, Virginia, two daughters, Lisa Neal of Roanoke, Virginia, and Tracey Goodman of Wiesbaden, Germany, two sons, Steven Parker and Andrew “Andy” Parker or Bedford, Virginia, a step-son, Ronald Hannabass of Millen, Georgia. She is also survived by eight grandchildren, six great-grandchildren (and counting), and five nieces and nephews.
Mrs. Hannabass was a graduate of E.C. Glass High School and worked as a supervisor for the Dietary Department at Bedford Memorial Hospital for 39 years until her retirement in 2016.
A Private Family Memorial Service will be held at Tharp Funeral Home- Bedford Location on November 12, 2021.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made to The ARC of Piedmont to benefit children in the Bedford Area.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Barbara 's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021