Obituaries » Barbara Ann Haskins Harris
Barbara Ann Haskins Harris quietly slipped into eternal rest on December 18, 2022 at Lynchburg General Hospital, surrounded by her family. Barbara Ann was born on April 15, 1942, to the late James Haskins Sr. and the late Helen Minnis. In addition, to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband Nathaniel Harris, a daughter Ramona Harris; Stepmother, Etta Mae Haskins; four sisters Peggy Jones, Joyce Ware, Janie Brown and Eldridge Brown; two brothers James Haskins Jr. and Leon Sonny Haskins who preceded her in death by five days.
Barbara Ann leaves to cherish her memory three daughters Natalie Jones, Sharon Harris and Jaimie “Duchess” Jones; one sister Norma Gilbert (Lewis); two brothers Bobby Stratton Sr. (Mary) and Houston Haskins (Yolanda); three grandchildren, Brandon “Bran” Jones, Shannon White (Cory) and Stephen Thomas; eight great grandchildren Brittany, Kayla, Sha’mayia “My-My,” Gemauri “Juju,” Ti’yanah “Ty,” Janelle “Nelle,” Jenesis “Jennie,” and Jianna “GG/Spider” and a host of other relatives and friends.
A Celebration of Life will be held on 1pm, Wednesday December 28, 2022, at Tharp Funeral Home Lynchburg Chapel. Interment will follow the service at the Forest Hill Burial Park.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Barbara's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021