Obituaries » Barbara Groomes Franklin
Barbara Ann Groomes Franklin transitioned on Saturday August 20, 2022, at Lynchburg General Hospital. Barbara was the daughter of the late Hector and Louise Groomes. In addition to her parents, she was also preceded in death by three sisters; Rita Parker, Odaris Groomes, and Brenda Groomes.
Barbara is survived by her husband Leroy Franklin; two daughters, Melody Franklin Henry, Kelly Lee Franklin; two granddaughters, Rianna Henry, and Raniya Henry; three fur babies, Pheobe Lee, Sir Nigel, and Cosmo; two nieces, Teresa Johnson, and Leticia Parker; and a host of great and great-great nieces’ nephews, cousins, and friends.
Barbara was a faithful member of Mount Carmel Baptist Church where she served as a member of the Senior Usher Board, The Missionary’s Club, Kitchen Committee, Paradise Singers, and the Mass Choir. Barbara was employed at the Central Virginia Training Center for over 40 years.
Barbara had a charitable heart and was always willing to give a helping hand.
Romans 12: 4-8
A graveside service will be held at 12 p.m. Saturday August 27, 2022, at the Forest Hill Burial Park. Her remains will lie in repose Thursday August 25, 2022, and Friday August 26, 2022 from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m., and Saturday August 27, 2022, prior to the service.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Barbara Groomes's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021