Obituaries » Barbara Thoms Noel
Barbara Thoms Noel
Barbara Thoms Noel, 78, of Evington, VA passed away peacefully on April 25, 2023. She is preceded in death by her husband, Clayton Noel and by her parents, Earl Thoms and Dorothy Bentley Thoms.
Barbara leaves behind two children: Susan Lawhorn (Scott) and Clayton II (Heather); four grandchildren: Clayton Noel III, Kyle Lawhorn, Alyssa Noel, and Amanda Lawhorn; sister-in-law: Doris Trent, as well as many cousins.
Barbara attended Hyland Heights Baptist Church. She was a longtime employee of Bob Evans Foods. Barbara was a strong woman who faced life’s obstacles with grace and composure.
A Celebration of Barbara’s Life, will be held at Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg Chapel on Saturday May 6, 2023 at 1 p.m. A Visitation with the family will be one hour prior from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Barbara's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.