Obituaries » Beatrice Stowe Pendleton
Beatrice Stowe “Bea” Pendleton, 92, of Lynchburg, died Sunday, October 30, 2022. She was the wife of the late Warren E. Pendleton.
Bea was born on March 10, 1930 in Buckingham, Va. to the late William Thomas Stowe and the late Bertha Mae Wallace Stowe.
She graduated from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga and attended the University of Virginia post graduate specializing in education. She taught first grade in Lynchburg City Schools as well as in Florida, Bermuda, and Saudi Arabia. She travelled extensively with her husband as he served in the US Army Corps of Engineers, living in many locations around the country and the world.
She is survived by her daughter, Polly Pendleton Smith and her husband, Brian W. Smith; her grandchildren, Warren Smith, Cameron Smith, Hunter Smith, Joseph Smith, and Heather Williams; great-grandchildren, Ruby, June Bea, Brooks, Beau, Parker, and Sawyer; her sister, Ollie Brooks; and her brother, Caleb Stowe. Along with her parents and husband, Bea was preceded in death by a daughter, Littleton Pendleton Baty; 4 brothers, Neal, Jerry, Herman, and Joel Stowe; and two sisters, Ruby Guill and Julia Wilkes.
A celebration at Bea’s life will be held at a later date.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Beatrice's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021