Obituaries » Bessie Subena Willoughby
Bessie Subena Willoughby
Bessie Subena Willoughby, 98, of Lynchburg, died Sunday, February 5, 2023.
She was the wife of the late Willbert “Jack” Willoughby.
Born on July 13, 1924, a daughter of the late Lewis and Subena Schmitt.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, Patsy Lang.
She is survived by a daughter, Cookie Smith, and her husband “Smitty”, six grandchildren, numerous great grandchildren, and great- great grandchildren.
A graveside service will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Thursday, February 9, 2023 at Fort Hill Memorial Park.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be sent to the charity of your choice.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family. To send condolences, please visit tharpfuneralhome.com.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Bessie's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.