Obituaries » Betty Karnes
Share your Memorial with Family & Friends
Betty Amos Karnes, 72, of Bedford, passed away on Saturday, March 5, 2022. She was the loving wife of Robert C. Karnes for nearly 52 years.
Born on June 28, 1949, in Thaxton, she was the daughter of the late Joseph Spencer Amos and Hazel Dooley Amos. She is also preceded in death by a brother, Joseph Russell Amos.
In addition to her husband, she is survived by her son, R. Christopher Karnes and wife, Shannon; daughter, Kim Massie and husband, Jeff; grandchildren, Hannah and Zachary Massie, Nathan and Garrett Karnes and special step granddaughter, Hannan St. Clair; brother, David Amos and wife Barbara; sisters, Margie Wheeler and husband, Jim, Paula Karnes and husband, Ray, Sally Gray, and numerous nieces and nephews.
A funeral service will be held at 1:00 pm on Thursday, March 10, 2022, at Suck Spring Baptist Church conducted by Rev. Michael Cox. Interment will follow in the church Cemetery.
The family will receive friends at Tharp Funeral Home, Bedford on Wednesday, March 9, 2022, from 6:00-8:00p.m.
The family request memorial contributions be made in Betty’s name to Suck Spring Baptist Church 3887 Jopling Road, Bedford, VA 24523 in care of St. Jude children’s hospital.
To send condolences online please visit obituaries.tharpfuneralhome.com. Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford is assisting the family.
Celebrate Betty's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021