Obituaries » Betty Kay Williams
Betty Kay Williams, 84, of Lynchburg, passed away on Saturday, February 26th, 2022. She was the daughter of the late Walter and Rachel Fancher, and the wife of the late James Oscar Williams, Sr., for 62 years.
Betty was born on October 18th, 1937, in Maryville, Tennessee. She is a graduate of Porter High School. She enjoyed a long career as a school bus driver for Campbell County Schools and has many cherished, lifetime friends from her service there.
Betty was a charter member of Lakewood Baptist Church and member of their Friendship Bible Class. Her faith and family were the most important things in her life. She enjoyed the outdoors, camping, hiking, and swimming with her children and grandchildren. She was a loyal and dedicated friend to many.
Betty is survived by three children and a daughter-in-law: Susan Armontrout, Barbara Gunter (Ronald), Dwight Williams (Deadra), and Mary Roxanne Williams (James). She is predeceased by her son James Williams, Jr. (Roxanne) and by her daughter-in-law, Sandi Williams (Dwight). Betty has eight grandchildren, eleven great-grandchildren, and many loving friends.
In addition, Betty is survived by : Sister, Carolyn Cunningham (Robert J.), Sister, Wanda Williams, and Sister-in-law, Lillian Williams. She is predeceased by three sisters: Mary Alice Hodge, Rose Marie Moore, and Anna Belle Fancher.
A visitation will be held on Wednesday, March 2nd, 2022, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg. A funeral service will be held on Thursday, March 3rd, 2022, at 10 a.m. at Lakewood Baptist Church. Burial will follow at Virginia Memorial Park.
Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Betty's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021