Obituaries » Betty Stansbury York
Betty Stansbery York, 90, of Forest, passed away on November 26, 2022. She was the daughter of the late William Dustin Stansbery and Beulah Hostetter Stansbery. Betty was the wife of the late Frank Alex York Jr. for 67 years.
Betty enjoyed a variety of activities throughout her life including singing in an all-ladies group called the “Sweet Adelines”, singing in a quartet group called “The Caprichordes”, frequent trips to the beach, golfing, and dancing. Her family remembers her as a loving mother, wife, grandmother, and “Gigi.”
In addition to her parents and spouse, she was preceded in death by two daughters, Susan Ann York, and Pamela Kay York. Betty is survived by two daughters; Laura York, and Sheryl Marston (Jimmy); three grandchildren, Alexandra York, Jessica Curling (Daniel), and Megan Lacy (Michael), five great grandchildren, Brayden, Mason, Emma, Weston, and Kinley; one sister, Doris Padgett; two nieces, Debbie Hines (Linwood), and Susan Brooks (Barry); two nephews, Darryl Padgett (Robin), and Richard Torrence (Jill); and many other loving family members and friends.
A memorial service will be held on Tuesday, November 29, 2022, at 1 p.m. at Timberlake United Methodist Church. A visitation will be held one hour prior to the service. An inurnment will be held on Friday, December 2, 2022, at 12 p.m. at Fort Hill Memorial Park. In lieu of flowers the family requests memorial contributions be made to Timberlake United Methodist Church. Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Betty 's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021