Obituaries » Beverley Liggon
Beverley Liggon transitioned on Sunday April 16, 2023, at Heritage Green Assisted Living Facility. She was born on December 7, 1947, to the late Marcellus and Christine Liggon. In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her son Kevin Liggon; brother, Alfred Liggon; sisters, Brenda Gibson and Elnora Dayne.
Beverley is survived by her foster sister, Tiffany Irving, nephew Rodney Liggon; aunt, Hazel Thompson; Aunt Isabelle Liggon, brother-in-law Kenneth Dayne; two grandchildren, Kia Liggon and ShyAnne Greenawalt; four great-grandchildren, Ja’Kayla Hamlette, Ja’Kale Liggon, Kevin Poindexter, Jr., and Kevon Poindexter, along with many other relatives and friends.
Beverley was an awesome hairdresser for years. She also worked as a receptionist for century 21. She left her home in Madison Heights at an early age where she resided in Baltimore, MD. She returned home when her health began to decline.
The family wishes to express sincere thanks to the staff of Heritage Green Assisted Living Facility and also a special thanks to Cee-Cee.
A celebration of life will be held at 1:00 pm, on Friday April 21, 2023, at Scott Zion Baptist Church. A visitation will be on Thursday April 20, 2023, from 6:00 until 7:00 pm at Tharp Funeral Home Madison Heights Chapel. Interment will follow the service in church cemetery.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Madison Heights, is assisting the family. To send condolences, please visit tharpfuneralhome.com.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Beverley's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.