Obituaries » Beverly Jane Barr Stohr
Beverly Jane Barr Stohr, 88, of Bedford passed away on Thursday, March 24, 2022. She was the wife of the late William Stohr, Jr.
She was born on January 3, 1934, to the late William Allen and Alice Gibson Barr. She is also predeceased by her grandson Brandon Stohr and great grandson Steven R Stohr, Jr.
Beverly was a traditional wife and homemaker; her home life meant everything to her. She also enjoyed needlepoint embroidery and reading love stories. Nicolas Sparks was her recent favorite. She also loved cats. She was the only person her cat Jiffy would sleep with. He had his spot at the bottom of her bed and was with her in her last moments.
Beverly is survived by her two sons: Lee Stohr (Kay), Robert Stohr ; daughter, Lynda Stohr; grandchildren, Steven R. Stohr, Sr. and Corina Stohr-Groves; great grandson, Steven R. Stohr, III; a cousin, Caroline Bosbyshell and a daughter-in-law, Lisa Scott
A graveside service will be held at 1:00 pm on Wednesday, March 30, 2022, at Oakwood Cemetery in Bedford.
Memorial contributions may be made to the National D-Day Memorial, P.O. Box 77 Bedford, VA. 24523 in Beverly’s name.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford, is assisting the family. To send online condolences please visit obituaries.tharpfuneralhome.com.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Beverly 's life with a short message, photo or video!
Beverly does not have any posts. Be the first to add one
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021