Obituaries » Bobby Ray Karnes
Bobby Ray Karnes
Bobby Ray Karnes, 52, of Thaxton, passed away on Sunday, May 14, 2023, at Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital. He was born in Bedford on May 18, 1970, the son of Ray S. Karnes and Paula Amos Karnes.
Bobby is a member of Suck Spring Baptist Church. He worked for his family’s business at North Side Supply and worked in the printing industry for many years before being able to work alongside his father Ray. He loved hunting, fishing, and the outdoors, especially spending time on the family farm. Bobby also loved spending time with his family.In addition to his parents Bobby was survived by his loving wife, Melissa L. Karnes; son, Caleb Lee Williams; his two sisters, Pamela Gail Turpin (Steve) and Carolyn Anne Karnes (Barry). Also surviving are numerous aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, cousins, and many friends.
A graveside service and celebration of Bobby’s life will be conducted at 11:00 am Wednesday, May 17, 2023, at Suck Spring Baptist Church Cemetery with Rev. Jerry Parr and Rev. Michael Cox officiating. To make memorial contributions in Bobby’s memory please consider: Hunters for The Hungry or BOSA (Bedford Outdoor Sportsmen’s Association). To send condolences online please visit tharpfuneralhome.com. Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Bobby's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.