Obituaries » Bohumil "Bob" Mach
Bohumil "Bob" Mach
Bohumil (Bob) Mach of Lynchburg, VA, age 79, passed away at home on January 7, 2023. Bob was devoted to his wife and family and is survived by his wife, Nancy Mach, three children, Joseph Mach, Marina Mails, and Ali Maimone, his sister, Marie Chroustova, four grandchildren (with one on the way), and nieces and nephews, and their families — all dear to his heart. Bohumil was born in Mochov, Czech Republic, and left the country during the Prague Spring in 1969, immigrating to the United States in 1971. A retired electrical engineer, hard worker and all-around handyman, he was always tinkering and fixing up home and garden projects. Bob had a love of language and travel, and was fluent in many languages. He loved movies, bread-baking, square-dancing and music, and dedicated countless hours to his daily violin practice. He will be greatly missed.
A memorial service will be held at Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 1000 Langhorne Road, Lynchburg, Virginia on February 4, 2023 at 2:00 PM. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Lutheran World Relief, PO Box 17061, Baltimore, MD 21297-1061.
Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg is assisting the family
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Bohumil \"Bob\"'s life with a short message, photo or video!
Bohumil \"Bob\" does not have any posts. Be the first to add one
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.