Obituaries » Brenda N. Ashwell
Brenda N. Ashwell, 74, of Huddleston, passed away on Tuesday, July 12, 2022, at the Bedford Hospice House. She was the loving wife of Charles A. Ashwell of 50 years. Born in Bedford, VA on August 17, 1947, she was the daughter of the late Bassil (Jerry) and Joyce W. Nichols. She was a member of Bethesda Methodist Church in Huddleston, VA.
In addition to her husband, she is survived by her son, C. Brandon Ashwell and wife, Contadina of Appomattox, her daughter, Amanda L. Ashwell and husband, Matthew of Huddleston. One grandson Tristan A. Ashwell of Appomattox; sister, Joanne Whitley and husband, Guy of Richmond. Special sister, Beulah Fisher of Bedford and special brother, Lester Decker of Bedford. Also surviving are many nieces, nephews, cousins, and friends.
She was preceded in death by one sister, Betty Nichols and her mother and father-in-law, Moorman, and Edna Ashwell.
In lieu of flowers, please consider donations in memory of Brenda to St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital or your charity of choice.
The family will receive friends on Sunday, July 17, 2022, from 6:00 until 8:00pm at Tharp Funeral Home in Bedford. A Graveside service and celebration on Brenda’s life will be conducted at 11:00, Monday, July 18, 2022 am at Virginia Memorial Park with Pastor Tim Dooley officiating. To send condolences online please visit tharpfuneralhome.com. Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Brenda's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021