Obituaries » Brian Paul Lowman
Brian Paul Lowman passed away Tuesday, October 5, 2021, at Roanoke Memorial Hospital. He was born in Buffalo, NY on July 14, 1959, a son of Raymond and Ruth Lowman.
From his earliest years Brian loved racing and hockey. He was devoted to family and the LU hockey program. Racing was in his blood, and he loved racing the cars he built. His strong faith in God along with a kind and caring heart, led him to often take his racecar to events where children could view it. He talked to them about the car and let them sit in it, using it as a means to spread the gospel of Jesus. As a contractor he met many people and built a reputation as a trustworthy, respectful, hardworking, fair man.
In addition to his parents, he is survived by his son, Michael Lowman and wife Jamie, a grandson, Wyatt Lowman, his loving partner in life, Barbara Howell, brother, Kevin Lowman and wife Susan, a sister, Sharon Mixon and her husband Jessie. He also leaves behind a host of nieces and nephews.
A celebration of Brian’s life will take place at 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 9, 2021, at Tharp Funeral Home Chapel. The family will receive friends one hour prior.
In lieu of flowers please consider making a donation to: Liberty’s Men Hockey team: clubsportsgiving.liberty.edu
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
A celebration of Brian’s life will take place at 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 9, 2021, at Tharp Funeral Home Chapel. The family will receive friends one hour prior. In lieu of flowers please consider making a donation to: Liberty’s Men Hockey team: clubsportsgiving.liberty.edu
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Brian Paul's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021