Obituaries » Brinley Rae Gortman
Brinley Rae Gortman was born into eternity at 9:15am on December 31, 2022 at Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital. Brinley is preceded in death by her great paternal grandparents, AL Coleman and his wife, Kathy Coleman, and Benjamin Gortman; and her great maternal grandfathers, Everett Burnett and Bobby Johnson.
Brinley has forever touched our lives while reminding us daily of the love of our Savior Jesus Christ. Brinley is survived by and will be remembered and loved by her parents, Justin and Lindsay Gortman; Maternal Grandparents, William and Cathie Burnette; Maternal great grandmothers, Shirley Johnson and Etta Burnett; Paternal Grandparents, Tonni Coleman Gortman, Jody Skyes, Lee Gortman, Cyndi Gortman; Paternal great grandmothers, Daphne Coleman and Katrina Gortman; aunts, Lauren Burnette, Tamatha Donovan, Erin Gortman; uncles, Austin Gortman and Micheal Donovan; cousins, Eli and Easton; and numerous extended family and friends.
A private funeral ceremony will be held on January 12, 2023 for the parents. A celebration of life will be scheduled later in the month of April. For those wishing to make a contribution in Brinley’s memory, please consider making a donation to Blue Ridge Pregnancy Center or Bedford Pregnancy Center.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Brinley's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021