Obituaries » Bruce Mayberry
Bruce “Talmadge” Mayberry of Lynchburg, Virginia, went to be with the Lord on Sunday November 6, 2022. He was born in Appomattox, Virginia February 5, 1938 to the late Willie Walker Mayberry and Lucy Kessler Mayberry. He was preceded in death by his two sisters, Ruby Roady and Evelyn Lockhart and brothers James Mayberry and W. Ray Mayberry. He is survived by his wife Genelda Mayberry, children Bruce Mayberry (Darlene), daughter Sherry Mayberry (Mark), and Jerry Mayberry (Wisty); five grandchildren Everette Mayberry, Ava Grace Mayberry, Jackson Mayberry, Brianna Lambert and Haley Lambert; Brothers Clyde Mayberry (Nancy) of Telford, Pennsylvania and Harry “Buddy” Mayberry (Hilda) of Monroe, Virginia. He is retired from H.K. Porter/Delta Star after 40 years of faithful employment. He is a charter member of Thomas Road Baptist Church. He enjoyed fishing, traveling, woodworking, and antique lawn mowers.
A memorial service will be conducted in Pate Chapel at Thomas Road Baptist Church at 1:00 pm on Friday November 11, 2022. The family will receive friends and family one-hour prior to the service and immediately following the service in Bruner Hall.
In lieu of flowers, please consider donations to the Gideons or Saint Jude’s Children’s Hospital.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Bruce's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021