Obituaries » Buford Hayes Hanna
Buford Hayes Hanna, 86, of Goode, passed away on Thursday November 4, 2021. He was born in Spring Creek, WV, a son of the late Ashford and Stella Hanna.
He was a member of Marsh Memorial United Methodist Church. Buford loved his family, fishing trips to Cranberry Glades, and cheering on his beloved WVU Mountaineers.
He is survived by his wife of 63 years, Joyce Hanna; one son, Robert Hanna, and wife Dawn of Evington; one daughter, Lisha Hanna of Stafford; two sisters, Linda Boone and Sandy Mackey; one aunt, Ann Huffer; a step-granddaughter, Haley Lavender, husband John and son Bryson; and a host of nieces and nephews and great nieces and great nephews.
In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by two brothers, Robert Hanna and Doug Hanna and two sisters, Betty Spence and Katherine Fink.
The family suggests that those wishing to make memorial contributions, please consider Marsh Memorial United Methodist Church, 20348 Leesville Rd. Lynchburg, VA 24502, and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
A memorial service with be held at Tharp Funeral Home on Monday, November 8, 2021, at 1:00 PM. The family will receive friends one hour prior.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Buford Hayes's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021