Obituaries » Calvin Lee Smith
Calvin Lee Smith, 92, was born on May 16, 1929, the son of the late James A. Smith and Laura Bolding Smith. In addition to his parents, he is preceded in death by five brothers and five sisters. He departed this life on Saturday, March 5, 2022, at Forest Health and Rehab.
Calvin served his country in the United States Army and after his military career, he became a CNA and worked for over 50 years before becoming ill.
He was a kind, generous, and loving man who enjoyed helping and doing whatever he could for people.
Calvin is survived by a daughter; Yvette Bowers (Timothy); six sons, Calvin Crews, Ricky Crews, Reginald Hunter, Troy Smith (Debbie), Anthony Mosley (Yolonda), and Alston Smith (Shamika), and a host of grandchildren, great-grandchildren, nieces, nephews, and other relatives and friends.
A special thanks to the staff at Forest Health & Rehab and Senior Independence Hospice Care for the care of our father.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Calvin Lee's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021