Obituaries » Calvin Payne
Mr. Calvin Payne, 81, of Rustburg, VA departed this life on May 10, 2022 at Lynchburg General Hospital. He was born May 20, 1940 to the late Alonza Payne and Rosa Clark Payne.
In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by a granddaughter, Courtney White; three sisters, Betty Gaston, Willie Randolph, and Dorothy Payne; and two brothers, William Payne and Jesse Payne
He is survived by his wife Glenwood Payne of the residence. Daughters, Roxane Patterson (Phillip) of Evington, VA; Bridget Payne of Lynchburg, VA; Tina Trott (Curtis) of Fairfax, VA. Sons, Calvert Payne of Madison Heights, VA and Stacey Payne (Camica) of Lynchburg, VA; 15 grandchildren (which includes a very special grandson, Tyrese Patterson, who was his hunting and fishing partner) , 15 great grandchildren, and a host of other relatives and friends.
Also left to cherish his memories are his sisters, Lillie Gatlin of Alexandria, VA and Susie Martin of Gladys, VA. One brother Herman Payne (Ernestine) of Altavista, VA.
He accepted Christ at a young age and was baptized at Hills Creek Baptist Church on Long Island Rd, Gladys, VA.
He was a member of the H & Y Sportsmen Club for many years. He enjoyed fishing, hunting, and cooking. He also liked sharing stories of life lessons with anyone he came into contact with.
He was a retired employee of the Lynchburg Foundry.
A celebration of Calvin’s life will be held at Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg on Saturday, May 14th. A one hour visitation will start at 10am with a service following at 11am.
Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Calvin's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021