Obituaries » Carlton Tony Farley
Carlton Tony Farley, 65, of Vinton, passed away on Friday, December 24, 2021. Born September 14, 1956, in Bedford, Virginia, Tony was a son of the late Carlton Rucker and Virginia Parker Farley.
Tony is survived by his sisters: Sylvia Farley Caldwell and her husband, Terry, of Cape Coral, Florida; and Lisi Farley McFadden and her husband, Johnny, of Appomattox, Virginia. He is also survived by his nieces: Cherri Terry, and her daughter, Jessica; and Tracy Wilson and her husband, Doug, and their children, Zach and Marlee, all of Florida. In addition, he is survived by a special cousin: Shirley Parker Cheek and her husband, Bobby, of Goode, Virginia. He is also survived by his constant companion, his beloved cat, Scooter.
Tony was an avid musician. And amongst the many paths of Tony’s life, and the many talents, he was probably most proud of his music. In his younger years, he volunteered with numerous rescue squads and found the rewards of helping others to be immensely gratifying. Also in his younger years, he could often be found riding his Harley-Davidson, with his friends, on a seemingly, never-ending adventure.
As Tony’s friend recently wrote: “…I will not see you again on Earth but you will be among the ones in Heaven. We will inevitably be praising God together and laughter is a normal thing. No pain, no tears, no heartache, no worries, FOREVER!”
A private celebration of Tony’s life will be held in the spring on the Blue Ridge Parkway, overlooking the vistas he held so dear. Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford, is assisting the family. To send condolences please visit obituaries.tharpfuneralhome.com.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Carlton's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021