Obituaries » Carol “Carolyn” Grace Freund
Carol “Carolyn” Grace Freund
Carol “Carolyn Grace Freund, of Boones Mill, VA, left this earthly world and entered the Pearly Gates, where her mother and father I am sure were welcoming her with open arms.
She loved the Blue Ridge Mountains and her little house which always had an open door.
She graced this world on November 5, 1938, in Jersey City, NJ. She loved traveling the world, experiencing new cultures, and living life to its fullest. Anyone that knew her knows she never met a stranger and was loved by many. She could go to Walmart to pick up a gallon of milk and return 3 hours later having met 5 new friends and that is what made her so special.
She is survived by her brother Frank Freund, children Lee Staton, Heather Klein, Frank Myers, and Dawn DeGidio; grandchildren who called her “granny”, Amber Slye, Aubrie Gower, Nicholas Lahanas and Lauren DeGidio; great grandchildren Chloe Temple, Morgan Aikman, Reagan Aikman, Blake Gower, Brooke Gower, Trey Gower, Brandon Wong, Brayden Wong, Cassidy Slye and Levi Slye; Cousins Lorraine Freund, Ken Freund and family and her beloved pet Benji who was always at her side.
No services are being held at this time; a memorial service will be held at a later date. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the American Cancer Society in her memory, as she was a three-time cancer survivor.
Tharp Funeral Home, Roanoke is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Carol “Carolyn”'s life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.