Obituaries » Carrie Sperberg Wood
Carrie S. Wood, 87, of Bedford, passed away on September 11, 2022, with her son Tom, husband Raymond and neighbor and friend by her side. Carrie passed on the one-year Anniversary of her Daughter Carolyn Wood Hubbard’s death. She was born on September 30, 1934, to Mr. and Mrs. Edward Sperberg in Bedford County. In addition to her parents Carrie was preceded in death by her sister, Eleanor Wilson.
Carrie graduated from New London High School in 1953. She came to Bedford for work and shortly after met and fell in love with her husband of 66 years Raymond E. Wood. They were married on January 20, 1956, and spent their married years living and working on the family farm. The two were blessed with two wonderful children Thomas E. Wood and the late Carolyn Wood Hubbard: Son-in-law, Michael B. “Mike” Hubbard; four wonderful grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren. She was loved so much and will be missed dearly. In addition to her husband and son, Carrie is survived by her brother, William Sperberg and also numerous other family and so many friends.
A Graveside service and celebration of Carries life will be conducted at 11am on, Tuesday, September 27, 2022, at Timber Ridge Baptist Church Cemetery with Rev. William Clark officiating. The family will receive friends from 6:00 until 8:00 pm on Monday, September 26, 2022, at Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford. To send condolences online please visit tharpfuneralhome.com. Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford is assisting the family.
Burial Date September 27, 2022
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Carrie's life with a short message, photo or video!
Carrie does not have any posts. Be the first to add one
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021