Obituaries » Catherine Marie Winnagle Ayers
Catherine Marie Winnagle Ayers, 70, of Bedford, VA died Thursday, November 18, 2021. She was born in Lynchburg, VA on January 11, 1951, a daughter of the late Raymond Jefferson Winnagle, Sr. and Mary Louise McConville.
Catherine was a published poet and a retiree from C.B. Fleet Co Inc. She loved to knit, read, and write poetry.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband, James Gregory Ayers; her daughter, Shannon Mann; her brothers Raymond Winnagle, Jr., James Winnagle, David Winnagle, Roy Winnagle, Steve Winnagle; sisters, Elizabeth Cooke, Betty Calvert, Mary Mauney, Frances Winnagle; brothers-in-law, Don Mickey, William Moore; and sister-in-law Carolyn Winnagle.
Catherine is survived by a son Charlie Rowsey, Jr., and his wife Katie; grandchildren, Jonathan Rowsey, Christopher Rowsey, Gavin Rowsey, Oliva Rowsey, and Charlie Rowsey, III.; brothers Charles Winnagle, and Alan Winnagle; sisters Margaret Moore, Gladys Mickey, Norma Winnagle, Patricia Coleman, and her husband James. Along with many nieces, nephews, and cousins.
Tharp Funeral Home, Bedford is assisting the family. To send condolences online, please visit obituaries.tharpfuneralhome.com.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Catherine's life with a short message, photo or video!
Catherine does not have any posts. Be the first to add one
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021