Obituaries » Catherine Michelle Cook
Cathy Cook (Katie), 45, of Lynchburg, Virginia passed away on July 20, 2022. She was the daughter of Michael Cook (Susan) and Elizabeth Exum.
Cathy was born on September 3, 1976, in Lynchburg, Virginia. She attended Central Virginia Community College where she earned an associates degree. She later received training as a Sous Chef and worked in several restaurants in the Lynchburg area.
She is survived by her children: Whitney Bangley, Makayla Davis, and Dylan Foster; and her siblings Michael Cook, Jr, Kim Hunter, Jonathan Irvine, Christy Gonzalez, Thomas Cook, and Rebecca Mason; Aunt Jewell Cook; and her grandmother Anne Huston.
Cathy is predeceased by her grandparents Sherwin and Lora Cook, and great grandparents Luckey and Rachel Shelton.
A visitation will be held on Tuesday August 2 from 5:00-6:00pm at Tharp Funeral Home, 220 Breezewood Drive Lynchburg, Virginia. A Celebration of Life service will follow from 6:00pm-7:00pm.
Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg is assisting the family. To send condolences, please visit www.tharpfuneralhome.com
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Catherine's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021