Obituaries » Cheryl Wells Hackenbracht
Cheryl Wells Hackenbracht
Cheryl Wells Hackenbracht, 75, passed away at Lynchburg General Hospital on Saturday, March 4, 2023.
Born on April 19, 1947, in Zanesville, Ohio to the late Warren Wells and Doris Powell, Cheryl is survived by her husband of 56 years, Dr. Richard Hackenbracht. In addition to her husband, Cheryl is survived by her brothers Martin and Mitchell Wells; sister Melody Wells Wheat and her three children Jason Hackenbracht (Amanda Irvin), Cristen Hackenbracht (David Pence) and Carrie Wilvert (Ryan). Also left to cherish her memory are her 11 grandchildren, Derek, Tessa, Jenna, Corey and Koleson Hackenbracht; Evan, Carter and Harper Dodd and Kate, Andrew and Sydney Wilvert.
She was predeceased by her brother Dennis Wells.
Cheryl retired from Randolph-Macon Woman’s College after serving as the Executive Assistant to the President. Following her retirement, she lived a very active social life. She enjoyed trips to Germany and Russia, played in multiple bridge groups and loved attending theater productions and handbell concerts.
Arrangements have been entrusted to Tharp Funeral Home and Crematory.
Please consider a memorial contribution in Cheryl’s name to the Bells of the Blue Ridge, c/o Fort Hill United Methodist Church, 106 Oakridge Boulevard, Lynchburg, Virginia 24502 or to a charity of your choice.
Cheryl’s family is planning a celebration of life to be announced at a later date.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Cheryl's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.