Obituaries » Christie Michelle Mitchell
Christie Michelle Mitchell
Christie Michelle Mitchell, 51, of Madison Heights, Virginia passed away suddenly on Monday, January 30, 2023. She was the daughter of William Randolph Kost and the late Nancy Elizabeth Kost.
Christie was born on September 16, 1971, in Lynchburg, VA. In 1989 she graduated from William Byrd High School. In 1991 she completed ECPI as an honor graduate with a certification in Word Processing.
In addition to her father, Christie is survived by her children, Chelsea Amber Mitchell of Hopewell, Jarred Storm Mitchell of Richmond and their father Lawrence Mitchell (Bonnie); her granddaughters Aubree, Mia, and Gabriella Giacalone; brother, William Randolph Kost Jr. and his wife Tammy; nephew, Jacob Kost; niece, Abigail Doss (Heath); and numerous other loving family members.
She in preceded in death by her mother Nancy Elizabeth Johnson and her grandmother’s, Lola Steppe, and Christine Gunther Johnson.
Her children were the light of her life and never did a moment go by that she stopped thinking about their well-being. Even in heaven she will continue to watch after them as they grow older and wiser and go through the rest of their lives up until they join her again the day, they enter Heaven.
A visitation will be held on Friday, February 3, 2023, from 5pm to 7pm at Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Christie's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.