Obituaries » Clifton Wayne "Poncho" Daniel
Clifton Wayne "Poncho" Daniel
Clifton Wayne “Poncho” Daniel, 81, of Lynchburg, transitioned to be with the Lord on August 16, 2022. He was born in Lynchburg, Virginia on May 6, 1941, to the late William Clifton Daniel and Edna Fisher Daniel.
He attended school at EC Glass High School, then pursued his passion in law enforcement serving as a police officer for the Lynchburg Police Department. Following his career in law enforcement, he was a used car salesman for many years.
Poncho was a member of Langhorne Chapel Church and enjoyed spending time with his family.
He is survived by his loving children, Pam Trent (Jack), Karen Doyle (Greg Coffee), Clifton Wayne Daniel “Chuck” Jr., and Bethany Witt; grandchildren, Jackie Weaver (Paul), Jessica Grishaw (Sammy), Chris Bomar (Jamie), Kindsay Maulbeck (Chris), Lindsay Demshar (Kevin), Clifton Wayne “Dirk” Daniel III ( Jenna), Cody Wayne Daniel (Brianna), Briana Daniel, and Lauren Crawford; siblings, Mary Jane Weaver, Patricia Brooks, Ricky Daniel, David Daniel; 19 great grandchildren; a host of nieces and nephews; and former wife, Sylvia P. Daniel.
In addition to his parents, he is predeceased by his former wife, Carol Daniel and siblings, William Harper, Barbara Nash, and Gail Richardson.
A graveside service will be held on Saturday, August 20, 2022, at 11:00 AM at Leffler Memorial Community with Rev. Dwight Weaver and Rev. Chris Brooks officiating.
Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Clifton Wayne \"Poncho\"'s life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.