Obituaries » Colonel Kenneth John “Ken” Hacker
Colonel Kenneth John “Ken” Hacker, U.S. Air Force, Ret., 77, of Lynchburg passed away Friday, December 3, 2021, in a local hospital.
He was born on February 22, 1944, in Minneapolis, Minnesota and grew up in New Ulm, Minnesota. He served in the U.S. Air Forces as a pilot in the field of aviation security until his retirement. He was a lifelong avid golfer, achieving multiple holes in one.
Ken was a sports fan and loved the Minnesota Vikings and the Minnesota twins. He loved his country and was an avid reader of American history.
Surviving are his wife, Jenny Hacker; children, Kelly Becker (Rick), Kurt Hacker (Catherine), and Carrie Ward; stepdaughter, Regina Peña (John); nine grandchildren; former spouse, Carol Hacker; brother, Ronald Hacker (Rita); sisters, Pamela Bundy (Randy), Beverly Emery (David) and many nieces and nephews.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m., Monday, December 6, 2021 in the chapel of Tharp Funeral Home, 220 Breezewood Drive, Lynchburg, VA 24502.
In lieu of flowers the family suggests donations be made to the American Legion Post 16, 1301 Greenview Drive, Lynchburg, VA 24502.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family. To send condolences, please visit obituaries.tharpfuneralhome.com.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Colonel Kenneth John “Ken”'s life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021