Obituaries » Cora Brown
With deep sorrow the Brown Family announces the passing Cora Marie Brown, age 74 passed away Saturday, July 30, 2022, in her home in Campbell County, VA in the presence of loved ones.
Cora was born in Wyoming, DE to the late Sherman Johnson and Ethel Taylor Johnson. She is preceded in death by her husband Earl W. Brown Sr, her son Cornelius, three brothers Jimmy, Reynolds, and Carl Dickerson and two sisters Barbara Johnson and Christine Feliciano.
She will be forever missed by her three sons Jose (Maggie), Earl II., Cordell (Allison). Her grandchildren Cornelius, Martisha, Cordell Sakai, Kristen Delaney, and Naomi Kelis.
Her sisters Mary Hicks of Felton, DE and Veralee Dukes of Dover, DE and a brother Lovell Wayne Johnson, Camden, DE. Her in-laws Alice Silver (Earl) and Lois Roberts of Lynchburg, VA. And a host of nieces, nephews, cousins, and friends.
Cora was a prideful and devoted bus driver for Campbell County Schools for over 30 years in the transportation department. She loved and dearly misses her students every day.
The service celebrating the Life and Legacy of Cora Brown will be held on Friday, August 5, 2022, at 2 p.m. at Bethany Baptist Church. She will forever be missed. Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Cora's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.