Obituaries » Curt Hartlo Johnson Jr.
Curt Hartlo Johnson Jr., 93, of Lynchburg, passed away on Sunday, September 11, 2022.
Curt was the son of the late Curt and Helen Gregory Johnson. In addition to his parents, he is preceded in death by his loving wife Nancy Elder Johnson.
He is survived by his daughter, Christy Compton (Chris) of Lynchburg; sons, Greg Johnson and David Johnson (Janet) both of Lynchburg and beloved dog Cody.
Curt was a retired GySgt in the United States Marine Corps and also retired from Sears & Roebuck.
The family is grateful for the love and support provided by his caregivers and hospice care provided by Gentle Shepherd Hospice.
A visitation will be held on Thursday, September 15, 2022, from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. at Tharp Funeral Home. A celebration of life will be held on Friday, September 16, 2022, at 1:00 p.m. at Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg and interment will be at Fort Hill Memorial Park.
In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to Lynchburg Humane Society in honor of Cody.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Curt's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021