Obituaries » Curtis Lee Mathews
Curtis Lee Mathews, 65, of Lynchburg, VA, died Tuesday, February 8, 2022, at Lynchburg General Hospital after a brief illness.
Curtis was born August 27, 1956, in Lynchburg, a son of the late Harry Bolds Mathews and the late Lucille Wright Mathews.
He is survived by his sons, Anthony and Johnny Mathews; his three sisters, Genelda Mayberry and her husband, Talmadge of Lynchburg, Jennifer Moorefield of Lynchburg, and Brenda Jarvis and her husband, Barry of Lynchburg: three nephews and two nieces.
In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his brother, Jeffrey Mathews and his brother-in-law, James Moorefield.
A private celebration of Curtis’ life will be held at a later date.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Curtis's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021