Obituaries » David Allen Mays
David Allen Mays, 86 of Madison Heights, died Thursday, March 31, 2022. He was the husband of the late Linda Morgan Mays.
Born in Appomattox on January 25, 1936, a son of the late Louis Gleaves and Rhetta Mays. He was a member of Timberlake Baptist Church and retired from General Electric.
David loved the outdoors; he was the happiest at the river with his family.
He leaves to cherish his memory his children, Darrell Mays (Jenny), Deborah Blankenship (Billy), stepchildren, Bryan Morris (Jane) and Valerie Kidd; thirteen grandchildren; numerous great-grandchildren, and a host of nieces and nephews.
In addition to his wife, he was proceeded in death by a son, David Allen Mays Jr., a step son-in-law, Bootsie Kidd, three brothers and three sisters.
The family would like to thank Patrick Daly and his team at Runk & Pratt Pearls of Life along with Bridgette Alexander and her team Seven Hills Hospice for their wonderful care of David.
The family will receive friends from 1:00 p.m. until 2:00 p.m. Monday, April 4, 2022 at the Mausoleum in Fort Hill Memorial Park the service will follow at 2:00 with Pastor Bill Evans officiating.
In lieu of flowers please consider memorial contributions to The Alzheimer’s Association, act.akz.org/donate.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate David Allen's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021