Obituaries » David S. Turner
David S. Turner of Bedford, Virginia, died on the morning of July 11, 2022. He suffered from dementia. His wife, Ellen, survives him, as well as numerous cousins. David was born in Montrose, Scotland, in 1943. He served in the US Army with tours in Vietnam and Germany as a transportation specialist.
After an honorable discharge from the Army, David worked as a land surveyor in Northern Virginia. He later worked for 30+ years as a US Postal Service letter carrier in Reston, VA.
David received an AA degree in aviation administration from Northern Virginia Community College, graduating summa cum laude. He was an avid Premier League soccer fan. His favorite teams were Arsenal and Tottenham. He also enjoyed Formula-1 racing.
David was a regular blood donor and volunteered as a van driver for Bedford Social Services. He loved dogs and volunteered at shelters, in dog transport. He also loved Big Band music. David had small parts in various Little Town Players plays and helped with the scenery.
If you wish to make a donation in his memory, please consider an animal shelter of your choice.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford, is assisting the family. To send online condolences please visit tharpfuneralhome.com.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate David's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021