Obituaries » Dean Tuck
DeRoy Dean “Ring” Tuck passed away on January 7, 2023. He was the husband of the late Frances Overby Tuck for 59 years. Dean was born on December 8, 1935 to the late George Letcher Tuck and Mabel Ruth Armstead Tuck.
Dean attended Volens High School where he played baseball until he joined the workforce. Dean enjoyed watching sports, spending time with family and friends, tending to his garden, and playing various musical instruments. Dean was preceded in death by his wife, parents, one son, Gregory Dean Tuck; one brother, Emmett Tuck; two sisters, Barbara Scott and Madeline Guthrie. He is survived by one son, Stanley Tuck; two grandchildren, Nicholas, and Elizabeth Tuck; one sister, Louise Tuck DeJarnette; one daughter in law, Lisa Tuck; and many beloved nieces and nephews.
A visitation will be held on Tuesday, January 10, 2023, from 6 – 8 p.m. at Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg. A funeral service will be held on Wednesday, January 11, 2023, at 11 a.m. in the chapel of Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg with interment to follow at Fort Hill Memorial Park. The family wishes to extend a special thanks to Dan Dowdy and wife Cindy, James Monoghan and the El Cabrito’s “gang”, Mohammad Mubashar Ali and his family, and his special companion Indy. In lieu of flowers please make donations to St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Dean's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021