Obituaries » Dennis Alonzo Megginson
Dennis Alonzo Megginson
Dennis Alonza Megginson, “Dink”, departed this life on Saturday January 7,2023 at his residence in Roanoke Rapids, NC. He was born on September 8, 1959, the son of the late Elaine Megginson Jackson and was the stepson of the late Jessie Jackson. He was proceeded in death by his brother, Larry “Truck” Megginson. At an early age he accepted Christ and joined Mt. Peeler Baptist Church in Concord, VA. He was part of the first class to graduate from Heritage High School. Football and taking care of his family was his top priority. He was a faithful and dedicated employee of Reser’s Fine Food for greater than 20 years until his health declined. Dennis was a fun loving and charismatic man! He was always willing to lend a hand to anyone in need. He was loved by many and touched so many lives.
He leaves to cherish his memory his wife of forty five years, Beverly J. Megginson; devoted daughter, Ketura Buster(Meade) of Richmond, VA. One of his proudest titles was “Papa” to his grandsons, Rashawn, Jayden, and Kameron Buster; his loyal four legged sidekick, Sugar; devoted Aunt Carol Clark, of Madison Heights; God-daughter Ebony Jones of Lynchburg, VA; nieces Shaneika and Shantel Jackson. Devoted family/friend, Russell (Natalie) Rosser of Lynchburg; and a host of other family members and friends.
A Celebration of Life will be held on Sunday, January 15, 2022 at 2:00 p.m. at Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg. Interment will follow in the Archer Creek Cemetery.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory Lynchburg is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Dennis's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.