Obituaries » Dietmar Guenter Blank
Dietmar Guenter Blank entered the eternal loving arms of God on Monday, May 31, 2021 at Centra Health Lynchburg General Hospital in Lynchburg, VA. His wife, Veronica Herndon-Blank, was at his side.
Dietmar was born in Heidelberg, Germany. He moved to the United States in 1977 to work for Meredith Burda Corporation. Dietmar retired from RR Donnelley in 2008 after 34 years of service.
In addition to his wife, Dietmar is survived by two sons Wolfgang and Michael Blank; one sister, Elagard Thons of Germany and two grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by one sister, Lillie, one brother Anton Blank and one brother-in-law, Richard Thons all of Germany and a mother-in-law, Shirley Herndon.
A celebration of life will be held at 12pm on Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at Chapel Grove Baptist Church – 1046 Chapel Grove Road, Evington, VA. The family will receive friends at 11am. The family has requested a private interment.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Dietmar Guenter's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021