Obituaries » Donald Agee Denson
Share your Memorial with Family & Friends
Donald Agee Denson went home to be with the Lord on July 27, 2021. He was born to the late Agee Otha Denson and Violet Mildred Lynch on May 19, 1950. In addition to his parents, he is also preceded in death by a daughter Holly Regina Johnson; son Leon Agee Denson; sister, Melanie Dawn Tweedy; brother Andrew Nathan Denson, and a granddaughter Gabrielle Hefley.
Donald is survived by four daughters; Lisa Ann Hall, Crystal Leanna Goguen (Joe), Tonya Lynn Maddox (Kyle) and Nina Marie Denson; sister, Della Robina Horne; brother, Marvin Deon Lynch, ex wife and mother of his children, Betty Ann Roark; 14 grandchildren, Cynthia Hall, Brittany Morris, Dustin Denson, Casey Queen, Leon Rankins, Johnathan Hall, Elijah Rankins, Geric Eades, Sophia Hefley, Anastasia Johnson, Aiden Maddox, Ethen Johnson, Nevaeh Wolff and Leila Maddox; 11 great-grandchildren, nieces, nephews, and other relatives that will miss him.
Donald was a proud U.S. Navy veteran who served in Vietnam aboard the U.S.S. Sanctuary from 1969 to 1971. He had an aspiring music career and made many friends in the music industry. He was proud of his Fender Bullet guitar and loved woodworking and hunting. He was a loved man who never met a stranger.
The family will receive friends from 6:00-8:00 p.m. on Wednesday, August 11, 2021 at Tharp Funeral Home. The graveside service will be held at 12:00 p.m. on Thursday August 12, 2021 at Virginia Veterans Cemetery at Amelia.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Celebrate Donald Agee's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021