Obituaries » Donna Faye Parrish Toms
Donna Faye Parrish Toms, 71, of Bedford, passed away on Friday, April 30, 2021 at her residence. She was born on August 29, 1949 to the late Nathaniel Logan Parrish and Mary Gladys Hargis Parrish. In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband of 53 years, Daniel B. Toms.
She was such a strong person and loved the Lord. She loved fiercely and wanted to protect those she loved unapologetically till the very end. She was firey and full of life. She loved animals and took care of them with gladness in her heart. She was a devoted wife and mother. She took care of her husband for four years as he was suffering from dementia. She was able to keep him at home and was very proud of that fact. Donna could get you through anything with a wink and a smile which is how I think she loaned you a little bit of her strength. We miss her deeply but know that she is no longer in pain and is happily dancing with Danny in heaven.
She is survived by her daughters, Denise Amos and Danielle Kernen (Joey); grandchildren, Callie Mae McCauley (Sam), Daniel Amos, James Amos, Brittaney Kernen, and Natalie Kernen; great-grandchildren, Bailey Amos and Brantley Amos; brother, David Parrish; brothers-in-law, Don Toms (Laura), James Toms (Karen), and Dobie Toms (Lisa) and numerous nieces and nephews.
A graveside service will be conducted at 11:00 a.m. on Tuesday, May 4, 2021 at Suck Spring Baptist Church Cemetery with the Rev. Danny Holdren and Rev. Michael Cox officiating.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford, is assisting the family. To send online condolences please visit obituaries.tharpfuneralhome.com.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Donna's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021