Obituaries » Doris Osborn Sechrest
Doris Osborn Sechrest
Doris Osborn Sechrest, of Madison Heights, VA, born Doris Louise Osborn of Jamestown, NC, passed away peacefully in her sleep Thursday morning, November 10th, 2022. She was 97.
Doris was preceded in death by her husband of 33 years, Frederick Allen Sechrest, Jr., her son, Frederick Allen Sechrest, III, and her daughter, Patricia Ann (Sechrest) Hancock.
Doris was the daughter of the late Nathan Alonzo Osborn and Clara Mae Bales.
Doris was a graduate of Jamestown Public School, Class of 1942. She was a member of the Madison Heights Christian Church and retired from GE with 26 years of service. She leaves behind many dear friends. She cherished her association with the Patches and Pieces Quilting Club and her friends of the Winton Women’s Golf Club.
A graveside service will be Monday, November 14th, 2022, at 2:00 p.m. in Spring Hill Cemetery, Lynchburg, VA.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Doris's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.