Obituaries » Dorothy Elizabeth Davis
Mrs. Dorothy E. Davis was set free and entered eternal life on Tuesday night November 2, 2021, in Lynchburg, VA at the age of 71.
She was preceded in death by her parents, Lonnie and Dorothy L. Davis; one sister and one brother, Flora Horton and Samuel Davis.
She is survived by her three children, Cynthia Eubanks (Michael), Latasha Russell, and Henry “Hank” Russell; one brother and three sisters, Charles Davis (Barbara), Gladys Cardwell, Marietta Lipford, and Aldamae Dula (Dale), all of North Carolina; four “bonus” children whom she loved, Stacy Vaughan (Angie), Beverly Cook (Alan), Ashley Williams (Roland), Henry L. Russell Jr.; 12 grandchildren, 17 great grandchildren, a host of devoted nieces, nephews, close family, and friends.
Dorothy was born August 14, 1950, in Lenoir, North Carolina where she was employed at various furniture industries and caregiving services which she continued in Lynchburg, Virginia, through the Community Services Board and Heart Haven Homes. She loved to play softball, singing, and mostly being “MawMaw” to her grandkids, with a strong faith in the Lord.
A memorial service in her honor will be held on Saturday, November 13, 2021, at 3:00 pm at Tharp Funeral Home in Lynchburg.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Dorothy's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021