Obituaries » Dottie Goff Rickman
Dottie Goff Rickman, 87, of Big Island, passed away Saturday, June 5, 2021 in Lynchburg. She was born on February 1, 1934 to the late Isaac Goff and Myrtle Whorley Goff. Dottie was a member of Hunting Creek Baptist Church, where she enjoyed attending church events and had perfect attendance in Sunday School for many years.
She was preceded in death by her husband Charlie R. Rickman, a brother, Sydney D. Goff and her son-in-law, Wesley W. Manley. Dottie is survived by her daughters, Joan Manley (C.B. Brown) of Big Island and Charlotte Crouch (Fitch) of Buena Vista; companion, Earl “Bo” Manley of Bedford; Sister-in-law, Louise W. Goff; nephews, Steve Goff (Pattie) of Bedford and Ronnie Goff of Big Island and their families.
For those wishing to make memorial contributions in Dottie’s memory please consider, Hunting Creek Baptist Church, Big Island Emergency Crew or Big Island Fire Department.
A Funeral Service and Celebration of Dottie’s life will be conducted at 2:00 pm on Wednesday, June 9, 2021, at Hunting Creek Baptist Church with Pastor Kenneth Bledsoe officiating. Burial will follow in the church cemetery. The family will receive friends from 6:00 until 8:00pm on Tuesday, June 8, 2021, also at Hunting Creek Baptist Church. To send condolences online please visit obituaries.tharpfuneralhome.com. Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford is assisting the family.
Burial Date June 9, 2021
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Dottie's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021