Obituaries » Douglas Leon Fowler
Douglas Leon Fowler Sr, 82, of Lynchburg VA, was found deceased on July 25, 2022 in his home of unknown causes. Douglas was born on May 31, 1940 to David Carl and Olivia A. Fowler at Lynchburg Hospital.
After graduating from Dunbar High School in 1959 he served in the Marine Corps from 1964 to 1970 and served in combat for the Vietnam War. After his honorable discharge, he was employed and retired from Babcock & Wilcox.
He was the widower to Barbara R. Fowler (passed April 21, 2021) and brother to Ethel Woods who preceded him in death on January 25th, 1997. His survivors are his 3 children (Douglas L. Fowler II “Herc”, Sean R. Fowler, Sharon M. Fowler), his eldest brother Richard Lee Fowler, and a host of nieces, nephews, grandchildren and great grandchildren.
You may pay your condolences to the family at Tharp Funeral Home in Lynchburg from 4-6pm on Saturday, August 6th, 2022.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Douglas's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021