Obituaries » Dr. Donald Mack Gillette
Share your Memorial with Family & Friends
Dr. Donald Mack Gillette (73) of Roanoke, Virginia, stepped into Glory on Monday, July 18, 2022. A graduate of Gatlinburg Pittman High School, Donald proudly served his country in the United States Marine Corps through two tours in Vietnam and various other deployments.
A devout Christ follower, Donald served his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in ministry for more than 49 years in various organizations and capacities. His ministry spanned multiple countries including the United States and Nicaragua. Dr. Gillette was the Founder and President of Because We Care Ministries whose primary mission was to evangelize the lost and witness through various relief ministries to the people of Nicaragua.
He is survived by his wife, Pamela Stanley Gillette; his children Carl Gillette (Jeanene), Angela Key Krantz, Tina Gillette Stone (Steve) and Donald Casey Gillette (Christy); his grandchildren Zachary Gillette (Krystiona), Kaitlyn Pugh, Brett Stone (Amanda), Monica Gillette, Tyler Harris (McKayla), Laurel Gillette, Landis Gillette and Ava Cheri; his great-grandchildren Hunter Gillette, Karsyn Harris and Berkley Galaini; and his sisters Carla Monteer and Paula Edwards (Kim).
There are no services at this time. In lieu of flowers, please consider a donation to Because We Care Ministries (www.bwcm.org)
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford, is assisting the family. To send online condolences please visit tharpfuneralhome.com.
Celebrate Dr. Donald 's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021