Obituaries » Edith H. Harris
Mrs. Edith Hancock Harris transitioned from this earthly life on Friday, January 28, 2022, at Lynchburg General Hospital to her eternal home.
She was born in Charlotte County on February 1, 1943, to the late Wiley and Cammie Mitchell Handcock. She was the wife of the late Lawrence E. Harris, Jr. In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by four brothers; Wiley, James, Andrew, and Harold; two sisters, Theresa, and Marie.
She leaves to mourn her passing three devoted children: Lawrence Harris, III. (Wanda), Michael Harris, Sr., and Tracey H. Miller (Ricky) and a host of grandchildren and great grandchildren.
Edith leaves behind sic loving sisters; Alberta Jennings, Parthenia Davis, Arlene Smith, Ella Lee, Cammie Hubbard, and Josephine Jones (Curtis), one brother; Hanana Hancock(Kathy). Edith accepted Christ at an early age and joined the White Oak Baptist Church.
“Miss me a little, but not too long, and not with your heads bowed low; remember the life that we once shared, MISS ME, BUT, LET ME GO”
A visitation will be held on Thursday, February 3, 2022 from 1:00 pm until 2:30 pm. A graveside service will follow at 3:00 pm at the Forest Hill Cemetery.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
A visitation will be held on Thursday, February 3, 2022, from 1:00 pm until 2:30 pm. A graveside service will follow at 3:00 pm at the Forest Hill Cemetery.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Edith H.'s life with a short message, photo or video!
Edith H. does not have any posts. Be the first to add one
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021